At Yahara Software, we build custom software solutions with an emphasis in four domains- Life Sciences, Transportation, Education and Financial. We are seeking for an experienced Mid-level IT Business Analyst with direct experience and specialized knowledge in consulting and building scalable IT solutions that serves the greater Life Sciences domain. A key role in this position is to drive the successful implementation of the product roadmap by steering the product development and adoption across teams. This individual will work directly with our Life Science’s clients, Product Owners, internal and external project stakeholders, and technical teams. Strong written, technical writing, and verbal skills are required as well as exceptional interpersonal skills to interview, reflect, and build trust with the client.
General Job Functions
- Analyzing complex business problems and assessing how automated systems can be leveraged to help solve them.
- Formulating and defining the stakeholders’ objectives into a recommendation of potential solutions.
- Receiving the client’s market competitive advantages and disadvantages as well as what external pressures may apply from the project manager and working those into the overall solution design.
- Conducting requirements-gathering sessions with numerous stakeholders for what the future-state solution should provide.
- Organizing the requirements into feature-sets and prioritizing them into ‘mandatory’ versus ‘desired’ buckets.
- Converting requirements into stories in support of development activities such as estimating, development and testing.
- Tracking requirement delivery through story creation, development, testing and sign-off to ensure client receives all promised functionality.
- Utilization of rapid prototyping tools such as JustinMind, Adobe Suite, Sketch, or Zephyr to facilitate development and maximize usability of application features.
- Consulting with Yahara’s technical team to understand which stories have architectural dependencies.
- Working with the technical lead to document dependencies as tasks and execute these prerequisites prior to dependent stories.
- Supporting the project manager in the creation of key client-facing deliverables such as the product roadmap, Return on Investment metrics, and budget snapshots.
- Working in conjunction with the client’s product owner and Yahara project manager to ensure complete product delivery.
- Identifying project risks and escalating to project manager from the product development point of view.
- Staying up to date and incorporating learnings from International Institute of Business Analysis, or other industry standard entities, for software development best practices.
- Consulting with the client stakeholders and folding them in Yahara’s development processes such as sprint planning, demonstrations, and product delivery.
- Working as liaison between Yahara and its clients to gather testing feedback, prioritizing bug fixes, and negotiating acceptance from the client.
General Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (degrees in Life Sciences, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent IT Business Analyst experience or related professional certifications (PMP-PBA certification, IIBA etc.)
- 3+ years of direct experience working in a BA role developing scalable IT solutions
- Knowledge with Life Sciences systems/software (LIMS- Laboratory Information Management Systems or related health care info systems) is preferred.
- Ability to lead and facilitate requirements-gathering meetings independently.
- Experience with screen mockups and building dynamic prototypes to mimic user click actions.
- Knowledge in database and UI design and exposure to database systems and data retrieval workflows.
- Employs a host of requirements-gathering tactics such as questionnaires, group meetings or interviews.
- Develop and drive business and technical requirement-gathering process independently.
- Ability to drive the efforts of a larger team to profitably support client needs.
- Able to ensure solutions designs deliver desired ROI to clients and has measures to prove it.
- Experience delivering IT solutions to meet client needs using data-driven practices and tools to measure progress and present desired ROI/ value to clients.
- Experience in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience working with Waterfall and Agile Development Methodologies
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Over 20+ days of PTO accruable in the first year of employment!
- Zero-deductible healthcare insurance plans (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- 401(k) company match options (Both Traditional and Roth)
- 100% company paid short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- Free on-site gym membership including basketball court
- Fresh fruit, healthy snacks, and beverages offered in office daily
- Hybrid and workspace offered on-site
- Company supported community outreach/team volunteer opportunities
- New hire welcome package offered with company swags, goodies, and a home office stipend
- Monthly appreciation award with a generous on-spot bonus to recognize team member(s) for outstanding contributions (Yaharian Monthly Super-Hero Award)
- Company-paid professional development and training
Yahara Software LLC. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The current opening positions listed are full-time, in-house salaried position with competitive salary and benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S on a permanent basis and can work on-site in our office located in Madison, Wisconsin. We are unable to provide any sponsorship at this time.